Author Topic: E10+ output question  (Read 7302 times)

jon

E10+ output question
« on: March 11, 2006, 01:56:52 PM »
i have a problem with all the outputs on my E10+, they are always at "1". de LEDs are always energized at power up and they stay the same no matter what type of program i can load in it the inputs works fine with the noline monitering i can see them been trigerred but it seems the saoftware dont detect the output being on all the taime. im wondering if its normal and if its because i need to get back to my books!! hehehe

thank you very much in advance

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:E10+ output question
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 03:17:03 PM »
1) Did you connect the output to load ? If you disconnect from the load and the lights goes off, then you have a wiring problem. Check the installation to find out the wiring method. The output sinks current so the other end of the load must go to the same power supply as the PLC>

2) If without load the output LED still stays on, then you may have damaged the output driver chip ULN2803A. You should be able to find this chip in most electronic component store locally. If not, contact sales@tri-plc.com for replacement part quote. The output are limited to 1A peak and reverse connection to power supply even briefly can damage this output driver.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

jon

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re:E10+ output question
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 03:37:21 PM »
1) Did you connect the output to load ? If you disconnect from the load and the lights goes off, then you have a wiring problem. Check the installation to find out the wiring method. The output sinks current so the other end of the load must go to the same power supply as the PLC>

2) If without load the output LED still stays on, then you may have damaged the output driver chip ULN2803A. You should be able to find this chip in most electronic component store locally. If not, contact sales@tri-plc.com for replacement part quote. The output are limited to 1A peak and reverse connection to power supply even briefly can damage this output driver.

its probably the ULN2803A, since i had inexplicable problems with my first power supply.  thanks for the fast reply!!