Author Topic: Load TLServer as a Service  (Read 5907 times)

Enertyr

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Load TLServer as a Service
« on: September 06, 2006, 12:44:03 PM »
Is there anyway we can configure or install TLServer as a system service?  I seem to get nuisance trips on my PC that cause it to reboot.  But the TLServer does not re-enable and I miss out on hours of data logging. And I get no email alerts because TLServer is needed as well.  

Terry

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Load TLServer as a Service
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 04:29:13 PM »
You create a batch file that contains the path of the TLServer e.g.:

java -jar c:\TRiLOGI\TL5\TLServer21.jar

name this batch file with extension .bat  (e.g. "loadTLSvr.bat") and then store this batch file in the "Startup" folder on the "Start->All Programs" menu.  Now when you restart your PC the TLServer 2.0 will be loaded automatically.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

Enertyr

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 08:25:40 AM »
I tried this, but as expected, it only works once someone LOGS IN.  If it worked as a SERVICE, then it would load in the background.  I also added the BATCH program to the Autoexec.bat area, but that hasn't solved the problem.

Any other suggestions?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 10:46:37 AM »
TLServer is a java .jar file which we are not sure how they may be launched in the background. Usually if you don't log in when first start up, then even the networking connection are not established and TLServer is not going to work when the the network interface card are not initialized.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

Enertyr

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 04:05:15 PM »
 I'll try a few other options.  I know the network is active because I VNC into the remote pc to log on and restore logging.  Thanks ...