Author Topic: Email with TL Server  (Read 5999 times)

peterh_DK

• View Profile
Email with TL Server
« on: August 24, 2006, 08:03:42 AM »
I am using a T100MD-888 with RTC connected to a Fargo Modem. Once or twice per day the PLC dials a number, connects to a PC running TLServer, dumps the DM memory to a text file and sends a short email with 3 values taken from DM[].
Recepient is defined as myname@mydomain.dk and sender as sender@anotherdomain.dk

This has been working fine for two weeks.
But yesterday i received the  email from the PLC/TLServer from "plc@plc.com"

where does that name come from?  It only happend once! The nex email a few hours later was correct.

Any aideas?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Email with TL Server
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 11:38:33 AM »
TLServer check for the sender's email address which is prefixed with the string "sender:". If it fails to receive the sender's email address in correct format (e.g. lost in the modem communication) it will use a default sender's name: 'plc@plc.com" so that there is at least a sender's name in valid format to be accepted by the smtp server.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

peterh_DK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 12:02:04 PM »
Great Thanks!

I also have some trouble setting the RTC. Whenever i download data I read and set the RTC. This works fine. But at startup I set The RTC through the Menu Controller/ Set the RTC, but this does not seem to work every time. I can see that I am connected through the TL server and reading the variables by pressing "V" shows the correct time, but I think I get the RTC on the PC instead. Any ideas?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 12:06:59 PM »
If you use On-line monitoring to observe the RTC, that RTC values  you see is on the PLC, not on the PC. But if you use "Simulator" then the RTC belongs to the PC.

peterh_DK

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 02:59:35 AM »
Thanks for the info. I seem to have located the problem elsewhere!.

I have installed the RTC and set SW-1 to On, but the time is reset to 01111998 at a short power off ( 2 sec)  and DM values are lost too.

Any idea where to look for the solution

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 10:48:47 AM »
Do you have MX-RTC installed? When you turn off power to the PLC, please turn off the main to the power supply instead of cutting off DC power line to the PLC. The switch bouncing when you cut the DC line can sometime cause the MX-RTC to lose its memory and is reset to factory date.

peterh_DK

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 10:59:48 AM »
Yes the RTC is installed and has been working. The power is is cut at the 220V side, so that is not the problem. I will try changing the RTC when a new supply arives next week, unless you have another suggestion