Author Topic: Smart Home via PLC's  (Read 7141 times)

nheilBRO

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Smart Home via PLC's
« on: June 26, 2006, 07:20:12 PM »
hi there,

I want to get an idea on how my appliances @ my office are controlled by the PLC's, like lights and aircondition, I have T100MD888+ PLC that I can use on this.

Anybody can help and give to me a sample diagram how my aircondition and lights are to be connected to PLC. I'll totally blackout on how the lights connected to the PLC.  Here is my e-mail:  "nheilarga@gmail.com"

thanks.

NheilBRO

nheilBRO

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re:Smart Home via PLC's
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 02:44:21 AM »
Hi,

I was very disappointed what is happening now, coz even my supplier of the PLC's never reply to my emails. I'll send several emails to him a days ago but until now he never reply to me.

Any training center or supplier conducted a training on this gadget. most probably in Honkong, Philippines, Indonisia, SIngapore or Malaysia?

thanks.

nheilBRO

peterh_DK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 09:01:33 AM »
Well as far as i can see all your Tri-Logi specific questions have been answered promptly by "Support", but now you are asking a very vague and general question, which has nothing to do with Tri-Logi. So my advise is read some tutorials first, one place to start could be www.plcs.net.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 10:45:52 AM »
You seems to be throwing out a question hoping that some forumer would give you some suggestions so we are leaving this open to the forumer to give their opinions.

Where are you located? Who did you purchase the PLC from? If it is technical support issues they are usually promptly replied to. But question like how your aircon and lights are controlled, it is not really a PLC question. It is actually very obvious that you need relays to turn ON/OFF power to air conditioner and lights and the PLC can drive relays with 24V coil and the contact of the relays are wired to the power switch. Let's put it this way, if you have no concept of how to wire a relay to a switch that control AC power, then please don't try it at home as it  can be dangerous to yourself. Hire a license electrician to do the wiring.

Many home air conditioner  use infra red remote control. If you invest in a universal remote control with RS232 interface you could use the PLC's RS232 to drive the remote control. But these module are pretty expensive and are used mainly by professional AV installer. Otherwise you may need to solder wire to the remote control switch and use a relay to toggle the power switch on the remote control. Unfortunately you don't have  feedback of whether the aircon is being turned ON or turned OFF. Again, all these involve professional knowledge and we don't suggest you mess around with your home appliances unless you know what you are doing.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 10:14:03 PM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

nheilBRO

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 06:13:12 PM »
Hi, peterh_DK, support,

thanks for  the adviced.

Actually I have InfraRed (Xpander2) that could be setup with PLC's to control the aircondition and other wireless appliances. My concept on this system is to trigger only the appliances (ON/OFF) via internet. I am from Brunei Darussalam and we bought the items in Singapore.

nheilBRO.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 06:30:47 PM by nheilBRO »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 10:17:48 PM »
Does your Xpander2 has RS232 port for PLC to talk to it? If so, then you can setup T100MD888+ to be controllable via the Internet either through TLServer or XServer. Then you can remotely turn ON an internal relay inside the PLC. The PLC program, upon seeing that the internal relay is ON, will then thru' its RS232 interface talk to your infrared controller to issue command to turn ON/OFF devices.

If you use the XServer, then you don't need a PC to be ON all the time. The XServer also has built-in virtual HMI applet called xhmi1.htm which you can adapter use its control button to turned ON/OFF internal relays in the PLC directly.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

nheilBRO

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 10:47:38 PM »
Hi Support,

thanks for your suggestion.

Yes, my Xpander2 has RS232 port for PLC's to talk to it. But since  T100MD888+ has only 1 RS232 port, it is possible or nothing wrong on the connection,  if I will provide splitter for RS232, so more PLC's could shared (like Xpander2, Xserver, etc.) from T100MD888+?.

nheilBRO.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 01:06:48 AM by nheilBRO »