Author Topic: Password Problem  (Read 5334 times)

Durrani

Password Problem
« on: June 20, 2006, 06:13:04 AM »
Hello,

Fisrt I would like to thank Tri-Logic for manufacturing a very powerful and easy to use PLC systems, we are using T100M888+ i our Institute in PAKISTAN and our students are learning at very fast pace.

The PLC was working and there was no problem in downloding the progm to PLC, but now we are getting a message to enter Password when the students try to transffer the program to PLC.

Please let us know Why it asks for password? We are not using passord! Also the Set RTC works eachtime after power on.

@01$cKILL00* and IR* not working??????

Thanks  

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Password Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 10:22:32 AM »
From your description It seems like for some reason the EEPROM chip M2017P has been damaged. It could be caused by voltage surge or electrostatic discharge. You can procure replacement IC from our distributor in Pakistan and simply remove the 8-pin IC from the socket and replace with the new M2017P.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

Durrani

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 04:12:20 AM »
Thank you for your help.

A. H. Automation is PAKISTAN as already repaired it once...... but the problem is still there???????

Could you please let us know if we could purchase the chip from market and Save Time!

The distributor (A.H. Automation) had promised to replace the defective unit against warranty, but they do not have any in stock!!!!!

Kindly suggest immediate remedy??????

Thank you

P.S.
The students depend on the PLC unit to learn Ladder Logic Circuits they make using your Windows Based Editor and Simulator and they need the PLC to test their applications. Please expedite.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 09:26:30 AM »
We have contacted AH Automation and they should be contacting you soon to offer their helps. The M2017P can be purchased as spare parts by the distributor. You may want to order some spare parts or order a spare PLC if the PLC is often used by students for experiment. Since it is not uncommon for students to make mistake in their wiring during experiment and can damage the PLC.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

FQ-ONG

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 09:07:25 PM »
Dear Durrani,

Did you connect a networking between PLCs by using RS485? If yes, how many PLCs did you connect? Can you tell me more about the condition when you got the problem?

I also face to the problem that you mentions before. Electrical noise is modifying either the RAM content or the EEPROM content or both and is therefore giving you all kinds of problems you mentioned.

Is that only this 4 error occurs? If yes, may be the the EEPROM chip M2017P not yet fully  damaged and may be we still can rescue it, I hope not too late.
1) If you have using RS485 network, try to remove the 75176 or 75HVD3082 RS485 driver IC. (May be the damaged IC is 75176 or 75HVD3082 RS485 driver IC and not the EEPROM chip M2017P)
2) Please off power for that PLC to rest not less than one day.
3) You can use Dos version TriLogi program to remove the password. (This will clear the program in PLC also, so, you need to re-transfer the program to the PLC.)
4) If you have more than one PLC, then you can exchange the EEPROM chip M2017P and try to detect the condition of both PLC. (Which PLC still have problem?)
5) Try to use another power supply.
6) If you have using RS485 network, temporary remove the RS485 network cable.

Thank you

« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 10:06:35 PM by FQ-ONG »