Author Topic: Merging Files  (Read 6971 times)

peterh_DK

• View Profile
Merging Files
« on: June 25, 2006, 10:59:12 AM »
Hi there,

I have coded some rungs in a seperate testfile that I would like to copy into my main file. I can copy the rungs to the Clipboard and paste them into the main project, but how do I copy I/O tables?

/Peter

FQ-ONG

• View Profile
Re:Merging Files
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 06:02:38 PM »
Open both I/O tables and then copy and paste one by one.

peterh_DK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 05:08:07 AM »
Open both I/O tables and then copy and paste one by one.

thanks -  that is obvious and hardly any help, it is only marginally faster than retyping. I was looking for something smarter

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 09:06:55 AM »
There isn't a short cut method of importing the I/O table, since opening a new file will erase the current I/O table. But if you really have a lot of I/O to merge, try a text editor to copy the I/O label declaration part from the file whose I/o you want to copy from and paste into the current file.

Frankly we don't recommend anyone to edit  the file using a text editor because a mistake in the format can render the file unreadable by TRiLOGI (so please back up your original files before doing something like this!).  But for those who have special needs this may offer a possible way but again please use it with caution, and at your own risk!
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

peterh_DK

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 11:53:12 PM »
Thanks, I'll just retype the I/O table. I  like testing new features in a separate file before "messing up" the main file, but insetad I'll just use a copy of the main file if there are to many I/Os