Author Topic: E10-npn+ Problem  (Read 7728 times)

nheilBRO

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
E10-npn+ Problem
« on: June 23, 2006, 06:49:27 PM »
Dear All,

My E10-npn+ was blown and the ULN2803A was burned, I'd replaced the damage IC (ULN2803A) but then when I turned-on it again, the indicator lights on output1 and output3 is always turned-ON which is before it was burned the 4 indicator lights is always OFF. Any possibility that my E10-npn+ IC  has been damaged also?

Any idea on this?

thanks

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:E10-npn+ Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 08:12:24 PM »
There is a possibility that associated output pins on the E10-npn+ CPU have been knocked out too. You can contact your seller to purchase replacement CPU.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

FQ-ONG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 03:14:31 AM »
Dear nheilBRO,

How does it burned, do it have fire or smoke? Does the PLC board scorch?
Do you connect a network by using RS485?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 03:16:45 AM by FQ-ONG »

nheilBRO

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 03:26:55 AM »

hi FQ-ONG,

It was burned when I'll upload  a program via RS232, the ULN2803A goes on smoke. Now, after I'd repleaced the ULN2803A then a cannot access anymore the PLC (can't detect - error) and the outpu1 & output3 has a steady lights.

nheilBRO

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 03:33:30 AM »
hi support,

I think you're correct, the E10-npn+ have been knocked out too.

Any idea how much the (E10-npn+ CPU)? approx.

FQ-ONG

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 05:56:32 PM »
Dear Support,

How come? Just upload  a program via RS232!!!
Does the (E10-npn+ CPU) frangibility like this?
Then, is it too  ???,  :o and  :'( during program transfering, isn't it?

Thank you
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 01:21:28 AM by FQ-ONG »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 12:45:03 AM »
Dear Support,

Then, is it too devilishness, dangerous and afraid during program transfer, isn't it?

Thank you
If the output is connected directly to 24V (not through a load) and you transfer a program that turns on that output, what do you think will happen? Since you are not the user I don't think it is fair for  you to question about the reliability of the E10 without knowing the full facts, and using words such as "devilishness, dangerous and afraid" sure doesn't help. The user seems to content that something he did was giving trouble.

Your own situation is very different (electrical noise damaging Rs485 driver or corrupting EEPROM content) and we would prefer that you do not go after every user on this forum to suggest that they have the same situation as yours.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 12:50:13 AM by support »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 12:48:09 AM »
hi support,

I think you're correct, the E10-npn+ have been knocked out too.

Any idea how much the (E10-npn+ CPU)? approx.

Please contact your seller directly for cost of replacement CPU. If you have bought it from a distributor please contact the distributor directly. If you have bought from Triangle Research directly please email to sales@tri-plc.com to inquire.

FQ-ONG

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 02:22:11 AM »
Dear Support,

Then, is it too devilishness, dangerous and afraid during program transfer, isn't it?

Thank you
If the output is connected directly to 24V (not through a load) and you transfer a program that turns on that output, what do you think will happen? Since you are not the user I don't think it is fair for  you to question about the reliability of the E10 without knowing the full facts, and using words such as "devilishness, dangerous and afraid" sure doesn't help. The user seems to content that something he did was giving trouble.

Your own situation is very different (electrical noise damaging Rs485 driver or corrupting EEPROM content) and we would prefer that you do not go after every user on this forum to suggest that they have the same situation as yours.

I have a E10 PLC on my hand and I need to use it later on. I just want to know the full facts, real situation or action that can hurt or injure the PLC. This will improve my knowledge or experience about the protection of PLC, so, I will not repeat the same mistake as other user to hurt or injure the PLC and keep away from PLC trouble.

Thank you
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 02:24:16 AM by FQ-ONG »