Author Topic: Can't configure ICP I-7018 with TriPLC  (Read 6197 times)

Joel Moore

• View Profile
Can't configure ICP I-7018 with TriPLC
« on: May 08, 2006, 08:44:50 AM »
I realize this probably isn't a TriPLC question specifically but I'm sure many people here use ICP's modules so hopefully someone can provide some advice.

We've been unable to configure our I-7018 modules from the T100 PLC.  I tried putting the following line:

A$ = NETCMD$(3,"%0101OF0600" + CHR$(13) + "~")

in the 1st.Scan circuit but I don't get a response from the module (i.e. A$ is empty).  I know communications are working because I am getting responses in the circuit that reads the inputs.  The module just seems to refuse to respond to the configuration command.

I've tried moving the config command to another circuit that I can trigger manually while monitoring (thinking maybe the 1st.Scan happens to soon after powerup and the ICP module isn't ready yet) but that resulted in nothing as well.  I finally resorted to breaking out my RS485 adapter and configuring it using Hyperterminal but it would be nice if we didn't have to do that in the future.

Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?  Is anyone else successfully configuring their ICP modules from the TriPLC?

(It did just occur to me that we probably shouldn't be sending the configure command in the 1st.Scan rung anyway since that probably causes the ICP module to write to its EEPROM.)

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Can't configure ICP I-7018 with TriPLC
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 09:01:19 AM »
I haven't tried it, but I noted some errors in your command:

A$ = NETCMD$(3,"%0101OF0600" + CHR$(13) + "~")

I  think it should be "0F0600" (zero "F" sero six zero zero) and not "OF0600".

In our sample program for i-7018 we have this command that we tested to work:

Z$ = NETCMD$(3,"%01010E0600"+CHR$(13)) +"~"

Hopefully that give a clue.

Note: I modified this post due to some mistake in my earlier reply regarding the position of "~" with respect to CHR$(13). The "~" should be the last character in the string for NETCMD$ in order to use it to communicate with I-70xx.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 10:29:21 AM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

Joel Moore

• View Profile
Re:Can't configure ICP I-7018 with TriPLC
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 01:31:41 PM »
Holy carp.  :-[  I can't believe I didn't notice that before.  Thanks.