Author Topic: Remote Access to FileService Directory  (Read 5548 times)

Enertyr

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Remote Access to FileService Directory
« on: February 15, 2006, 12:02:09 PM »
I have a PLC logging to the server as a .CSV file.  It defaults to /FileService directory.  

I have PortForwarding enabled (9080) to my Server, but is there any way I can get access to the csv file located in /FileService?

(if I HTTP to my address, I do launch the runTrilogi.html.  So I know i can get through to /PUBLIC).

Any suggestions?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Remote Access to FileService Directory
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 12:36:38 PM »
The public folder is the root directory for accessing file on the TLServer via HTTP. the FileService directory is not accessible via Telnet. Since Logged data may be sensitive and therefore they are not placed in a publicly accessible folder.

If you want to remotely access your file, run a VNC server on your PC and then you can remotely login to your PC using webbrowser or VNC viewer to view your file.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

Enertyr

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 12:47:02 PM »
Thanks ... I have already been using VNC, but was hoping to use a direct connect via http.  This way I could embed the data source directly into an Excel spreadsheet.

I guess the only other way is to develop a "service" that copies the data set over to an FTP server.  The caution is now one of duplicate files.  

Hmm ... has anyone ever tried saving a spreadsheet as a WEB Page, store the web page in /PUBLIC and let the page access the data set?  I'll try it and let you know if it works.
Terry

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 01:10:18 PM »
Talking about FTP server, why not run an FTP server and point the root directory to the "FileService" folder? That way the files created by TLServer are instantly available via FTP. Try the PeerFTP - it used to be free download (not sure now) and it works pretty well.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 02:36:59 PM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS