Author Topic: Change counter set value  (Read 7145 times)

cws

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Change counter set value
« on: October 04, 2005, 08:57:13 AM »
Can I use the serial port setup window to send a command to the PLC to change a counter set value.

I tried to use the command "Wu010005*".  The PLC responds with "Warning: No response from PLC".

Then I tried:  "@Wu010005*".  The PLC responded with "@01FE42*".  I guess that means I must have a correct FSC code in my command, but this is difficult if I just want to send a command using the server.

Is there any way to simply change a counter value without reprogramming?

cws

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re:Change counter set value
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 09:39:45 AM »
Replying to my own question.

I was able to change the counter set value by calculating the FSC value for the command.  It takes a while doing it by hand, but it does work.  Is there any simpler method?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 12:07:23 PM »
You can only use the multipoint format which must include the ID and the FCS.  For manual entry such as using the serial port setup screen, use the wildcard FCS "00" in place of actual FCS:

@01Wu01000500*

That should work.

If you run the TLServer version 2.1 (look for TLServer21.jar in the TRILOGI\TL5 folder) and click on the "Serial Port Setup" you can find an "FCS" button which will compute the FCS for you when you enter the command string @01Wu010005
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

cws

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 08:11:42 AM »
Thank You,

The wildcard FCS works fine.  I am using Trilogy 5.1 with TLServer 2.0.  Is there any way I can get the latest version?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 08:55:24 AM »
You can click on "Help" and then "Upgrade" at the TRiLOGI menu to go to internet to upgrade the TRiLOGI software.

If this option is not available, then find the "upgrade.htm" file on your TRiLOGI CD-ROM and follow the link there to obtain the upgrade.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS