Author Topic: stepper pulse output  (Read 6182 times)

dan

• View Profile
stepper pulse output
« on: September 01, 2005, 10:22:37 AM »
Hi,

I would like to use a T100 to controll a 3 axis system.

There is any way I can add one more channell to have 3 pulse outputs? (I believe that except the higher output that I don't need is just a function that makes theese two channels so different)

I will never use all 3 in the same time (maybe two) but I need to get back a "move done" in corelation with the relay from the StepMove cmd.

I'm open to any other sugestions

Dan

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:stepper pulse output
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 05:47:02 PM »
You could use external relays to "multiplex" the stepper channel so that at one time it is connected to one set of stepper driver, and by switching the PLC output you can switch the stepper pulse and direction output to another stepper driver. This way you could get 3 axis using two stepper controller channels.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

Joel Moore

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 10:48:51 AM »
Interesting idea.

If you're tracking position, don't forget to store your step counts somewhere when you switch axes.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 03:15:22 PM »
That's an excellent point! Thanks for pointing this out. You probably can't use the absolute stepmove or stepcount since each multiplexed axis will have a different reference. So you need to use an internal variable to keep track of the absolute position if need be.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

dan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 07:18:10 AM »
Hi,

I put togethet a small interface that basicly splits the Pulse signal. Each interface is controlled using extra PLC's outpus.

Thank you for sugestions

Dan