Author Topic: DAQ Factory  (Read 6423 times)

Sonny

DAQ Factory
« on: July 06, 2005, 11:45:52 AM »
Hello there again,

I'm trying to use DACFactory (SCADA) to control my PLC.  I have somewhat figured out how to write a program in DACFactory, but I don't know how to transfer it to the PLC and make it work.  I believe that I can do this with RS232, but how do you transfer the program to the PLC?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 12:24:07 AM by support »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:DAQ Factory
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 12:26:49 AM »
DAQ Factory is the SCADA program that communicate with the PLC. You do not "transfer" program from the SCADA to the PLC. The PLC will run its own control program to control the equipment, but it will also respond to the host link commands or MODBUS command from a SCADA such as DAQFactory. The PLC respond to the host link commands transparent to its own control program.

The SCADA may have its own programming language so that it can control some I/O on the PLC. But in this case the SCADA program will treat the PLC as just an I/O board and directly control its I/O using serial command.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

Sonny

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 07:01:55 AM »
I don't quite understand.  

Let's say I have a blank sheet in DAQ Factory.  I want to create a knob to control analog output 1 on the PLC, and a button to control digital output 1 on the PLC.

I can create channels and attach a knob and a button to them so that in DAQ Factory, they change the values of the outputs (on the screen).  Now, how do I configure the program so that it changes the values of the actual PLC?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 08:45:49 AM »
If you link the digital output on the screen to a particular output on the PLC, then when you activate the output on the screen, the SCADA program will send serial command in the back ground to the PLC to activate that particular output. So even if your PLC's has a blank program the output will still be activated. The activation is not by the PLC's program but by the external serial commands sent by the SCADA program.

Sonny

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 08:58:40 AM »
How do I link a digital output on the screen to a particular output on the PLC?  

Is there a specific configuration that I have to do?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 11:05:47 AM »
This you will have to check with DAQFactory manual or their support as we are not familiar with the DAQFactory software package.