Author Topic: RS-232 COMMUNICATIONS  (Read 6376 times)

cdenk

• View Profile
RS-232 COMMUNICATIONS
« on: April 25, 2005, 06:09:36 PM »
Have a T100MD+, trying to communicate with serial port to PC.  From TL server 2.1 am able to set port, and with command string IR*, get appropriate response.  Then from Trilogi 5.3 try to set PLC clock, and after clock settings window get "log in to TLServer" window, where it wants IP address. I must be missing something dumb. :)

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:RS-232 COMMUNICATIONS
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 01:26:07 AM »
If TLServer and TRiLOGI software are both on the same PC, then use the IP address:

127.0.0.1:9080

It always works!

Note that your TRILOGI software can be on a different computer from that of the TLServer. Hence you are able to control/program the PLC from remote PC or even via the internet as long as you set the correct IP address of the TLServer.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 01:18:10 PM »
Cdenk and I had a phone support regarding this issue and the problem was eventually resolved using a rarely used method. I am posting this message for the benefit of others who may face the same issue:

As per our phone conservation, for unknown reason your TLServer was not contactable via 127.0.0.1:9080 even though both TLServer and TRiLOGI were running on the same computer.

The solution eventually was to change the TLServer listerning port. This was accomplished by clicking on the "Configure Users" button on the TLServer and login as Administrator (default is no password), then change the TLServer port to another number. We tried 9090 and it seems to work when you use TRiLOGI to login to:

127.0.0.1:9090

The only reason I can think of is that there may be another program in your PC that has already opened the TCP/IP port #9080, which therefore did not allow TLServer to open port 9080 to listen to incoming TCP/IP packets from TRiLOGI.  You may want to try running the TLServer with the Java console and see if the program throws an exception message when it attempts to open the port #9080.  In any case, changing to another port number resolved this rarely encountered issue,
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 01:21:42 PM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

cdenk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 06:55:45 PM »
I thibk I have it isolated the issue. All indications were that Zonealarm firewall was disabled, but apparently was not. The firewall was blocking "Javaw.exe". Either by turning off the firewall, or adding "Javaw.exe" to programs access trusted only,  127.0.0.1:9080 seems to be working OK. Thanks for the good support.