Author Topic: Help  (Read 6776 times)

jsisco11

• I'm so confused!
    • View Profile
Help
« on: February 23, 2005, 09:15:05 AM »
I'm a very new user. I'm checking out the 5.3 educational version before I decide if I want to purchase a more elaborate package. I'm just getting my feet wet and I have a problem with the second circuit in the tutorial assignment. My Tab key works every where else but does not work in the program. I can not get the insertion box to shift to the left on the NO Manual contact so to add the Step contact. Without the ability to manipulate the insertion point, I can go no further. Please help.

AlbertMartinez

• PLC-SCADA Engineering Consultant
    • View Profile
Re:Help
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 08:15:17 AM »
You must be having a simmilar problem I also experience with TRiLOGY.

You created a parallel or ORded logic and now you are trying to add/append more logic  to the left and the yellow highlighted TAB key insertion point is not allowing you to append logic.

Here is the solution to your problem: With TRiLOGY in editing mode, look at the logic elements tool bar almost on the top of the TRiLOGY window. On the rightmost end of this toolbar, there is a solid right arrow-head. If you click on this right-arrow head, it will move your yellow highlighted insertion point to the right and now you can append logic to your rung.

This bug is very annoying because the TAB key works very well for any other scenario except with parallel or ORded logic. I am going to let Leon, Triangle Research, know about this annoying TRiLOGY bug.

Please let me know if this works. If you need additional technical help with your PLC project/s, please let me know. I provide techincal support for PLC-SCADA based systems.

Sincerely;

Albert Martinez
almaralbertmartinez@gmail.com
50 La Cruz Avenue
Benicia, CA 94510
Albert Martinez
Instrumentation & Controls Systems Integrator
50 La Cruz Avenue, Benicia, California 94510
almaralbertmartinez@gmail.com

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 08:47:39 AM »
I suspect this may be a problem introduced by Java JRE 1.4.2. The <tab> key works perfectly when using JRE 1.3.1. However, due to new Windows PC being installed with Java JRE 1.4.x, we could no longer recommend user to install 1.3.1 that can cause problem with PC come pre-installed with JRE 1.4.x.  But we did discover a few problems with JRE 1.4.1. I just tried TRiLOGI software on a PC installed with JRE 1.4.2 and confirmed that the TAB key indeed doesn't seem to work.

We will have to work on new release of the software to fix this problem introdduced by the new version of JRE. Meanwhile, just insert the element  
to the right since you can't move the insertion point using the TAB key. Logically there is no difference.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

jsisco11

• I'm so confused!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 02:47:15 AM »
Thank you for the help Albert and support. I did indeed figure out, as support suggested, to insert elements while IGNORING some of the directions. I also sent an email to TRILOGI alerting them of not only the TAB key promblem, but also what I perceived as some minor faulty directions which could cause posible confusion for a greenie like me.
Examples of minor faulty directions are:
Step 4:4 Indicates the inserting of a N.C. contact for Manual in Parallel with the Step contact, but the figure below the direction shows that a N.O. contact was just inserted.
Step 4:5 Directs you to insert a special bit to the LEFT of the Manual contact, but the figure in 4:6 clearly shows it to the RIGHT which doesn?t reflect the initial circuit. However, like the support mentioned, the logic is the same. It just caused me some initial confusion which I had to overcome.
Now that I hurrdled the problems, I'm having fun with the program and so far am impressed.
Thanks again.
Jim Sisco
jsisco11@chartertn.net

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 04:43:14 PM »
Thank you for pointing out some of these errata in the tutorial. Sometime it does take a pair of fresh eyes to spot some obvious mistakes that we have not realized. We will update the tutorial in the next release soon together with fixing some of the oddies introduced by the new JRE version.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 04:49:22 PM »
We have just released new version of TRiLOGI version 5.32 that takes care of all the reported problems (mostly due to use of JRE 1.4.2) . We also edited the ladder logic tutorial so that the figure more closely match the description. You can download the new version by following the link provided in the Authorization email. For licensed user you can obtain the upgrade by clicking on the "Help" menu and select "Upgrade"/