Author Topic: TM100MD2424+  (Read 5632 times)

Earthdoc

TM100MD2424+
« on: January 31, 2005, 04:26:42 PM »
If I use this unit for process control of motor contactors and other devices, can the digital outputs be configured for different voltages? ie., can we use an AC power supply such as 120VAC to energize loads.  Our control scheme for years has been 120VAC power supply to contactors and such.  I hate to have to run these loads through separate external relays....additional work.  It appears that the H series PLCs have higher current/voltage ratings, but they seem much more limited in their overall capabilites, especially communication capabilities.

Thanks,
Mel

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:TM100MD2424+
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 03:22:04 PM »
The T28H-Relay has the most flexible output arrangement - two voltage free contacts per output and each output is totally isolated from all other I/Os. However, you are right that the H-series PLCs are not strong on overall capability when compared to the M-series.

You could use a T100MD888+ PLC with an EXP1616R to get 24 digital inputs and 24 digital outputs, of which 16 are relays. Every 8 relays share one common terminal so you can have two different set of voltages for the 16 relay outputs. 6 of the 8 solid state outputs are capable of driving 24V at 1A current  and the other two PWM outputs can be driven at up to 10A peak or2A continous. This may be a good solution that you want to consider.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS