Author Topic: Display options  (Read 5716 times)

rktmn

Display options
« on: January 10, 2005, 09:29:06 AM »
Hello,
I have run out of room on my 4x20 LCD display and was wondering what options are out there to solve this problem.  I want to display more output variables but have run out of space...please bear with me...

plc_user

Re:Display options
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 03:17:19 PM »
Would you entertain the idea of using an input to the PLC that would change what is displayed on the 4x20 display.  One button(input) would display certain information another would display some more information.

Just a quick thought.
Regards

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 10:25:57 PM »
You can divide the content into multiple pages displayed by different custom functions, then just periodically switch from displaying one page to another by executing different custom functions.

You can also buy a graphical HMI (LCD touch panel) that allows you to construct your own multiple screens of display.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

rktmn

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 04:00:40 PM »
How can you periodically display different SETLCD statements written into different custom functions?...

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 08:25:27 AM »
Use a timer or a clock pulse that upon time out will trigger the custom function and at other time trigger the other custom function. Each custom function will start with a clear screen first before displaying the rest of the data.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS