Author Topic: Question on Digital output  (Read 7704 times)

Edgar

Question on Digital output
« on: December 07, 2004, 02:26:03 PM »
hi i post this question on the general question forums i guess that was the wrong area..
anyway i bought the T100MD+ and i will like to know the way the output work in rolation to the LED light. in my controller when the LED light is (ON) the output is OFF (NO POWER), but when the LED is OFF then the Output is ON(24V) is this the way this is. cause when i use the TBasic Command Like (SetBit Output[1],0) the led turn ON but the Output is OFF, and the (CLRBIT Output[1],0) the led turn off but the output is ON. I thought that Set meant ON CLR meant Clear OFF. so this command is like controlling the LED...?  i'm not sure is this the way this controller works or what any input i will appreciated....

also when i request the status of an output the controller retun 1 when the led is on but the output is actually OFF cause there is no power ones i set the output to 0 OFF then the controller output is power.
what is happening...?

Edgar

Re:Question on Digital output
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 02:42:11 PM »
Never mind i didn't see the "NPN" there in the manual tanks any way...

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Question on Digital output
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 10:38:53 PM »
That's right. That's how NPN inputs and output works. When ON the I/O is pulled to near 0V and when OFF it is floating and internally pulled up to the +24V rail.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS