Author Topic: temprature & durability  (Read 7238 times)

tc

temprature & durability
« on: September 28, 2004, 03:54:46 PM »
We are thinking of using a T100MD+ for control in what could be a cold (-20 C) and tough environment.  We would protect it as best we can in a case and possible regulate the temprature but... has anyone had experience with these in extreme environments??

SCS Fluid Power

Re:temprature & durability
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2004, 08:45:38 PM »
I have a t100md2424 installed in a compost processing plant, it has been subjected to -5C and +35C, high vibration and extreme dust with no problems.

I love the product and have used them extensively.

Will

benb2000

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re:temprature & durability
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 09:20:07 AM »
We currently have two T100MD-888+ in the field ( Oilfield Service application in Northern Alberta, Canada ) that are mounted in a sealed Dicast Aluminum cases, and carried on the Service Rigs.

The units have the more expensive Industrial temperatutre rated  CPU Chipset, and in our case a 16x2  -20 deg C rated LCD.

For the LCD, we had to add a negative bias supply for contrast control

( the T100MD-888+ only has a positive supply bias for the contrast on the LCD)

We used one of the Analog inputs on the T100MD-888+ to act as a bang bang type thermostat for a heater we created using 39 , 150 ohm resistors, placed on the PCB that supports the LCD.

We tested the The T100MD-888+ at -15 Deg C. in a freezer. No issues so far with the PLC, the only thing we have to do at -20 is allow the LCD to heat up for 4-5 minutes, so that we can get a better display reponse to the changing values.

We are currently preparing two more of these systems for the field.

The T100MD-888+ is a good unit for it's price, but I would like to see a bigger brother, that has more speed, larger memory capacity, and 12 bit A/D.

Come on Tri-PLC, You can do it ....