Author Topic: Graphical interface using VB  (Read 6698 times)

tariqamin

• View Profile
Graphical interface using VB
« on: October 11, 2004, 04:17:50 PM »
Hi

i am new on programming PLCs. i have made a simple program using ladder + basic.
i want to change the value of timer and counter relays of my program by using Visual Basic or C language.
Can any one tell me how i can link trilogi software with visual basic or C language.
some one told me to make text files using trilogi and read the data from there. Is it Correct.
please send me reply as soon as possible
Engr. Muhammad Tariq
Automation Engineer

Joel Moore

• View Profile
Re:Graphical interface using VB
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 01:46:30 PM »
Chapter 4 of the T100's user manual details the host protocal which allows you to communicate directly with the triplc.  There are commands for doing exactly what you are asking.

(There's a newer version of that manual available but I can't find it linked on Triangle's site.  Maybe support can provide a link.)

There are other protocols to choose from, too (MODBUS and OMRON), but I've never used them so I don't know whether you can edit timer and counter settings via those.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 07:50:38 AM »
You can find a sample visual basic program that helps you communicate with the PLC very easily at the following link:

http://www.tri-plc.com/applications/VBsample.htm

The new T100MD+ User Manual can now be downloaded from:

http://www.tri-plc.com/MD-man.pdf

You may need to refresh your browser if you have a cached copy of the old manual in the above path on your browser.

The timers' and counters' "Set Values" are not mapped to MODBUS so that means you can't change the "SV" using MODBUS protocol. Only the native protocol support changing of SV. The timers' and counters' Present Value (PV) are however mapped to MODBUS address space so these can be changed using MODBUS protocols.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2004, 07:53:28 AM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

tariqamin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 04:46:59 PM »
thank u for giving me idea. now i got the point and i am working on it.
Engr. Muhammad Tariq
Automation Engineer