Author Topic: ICP DAS i-7017  (Read 5811 times)

Will Steed

ICP DAS i-7017
« on: September 21, 2004, 12:30:28 PM »
Hello, I recently picked up an i-7017 analog input module for use with a TM1002424 I have in the field.

I am using single ended output pressure transmitters (4-20Ma) with external 125 ohm reistors, and can read the data fine on the two single ended channels via the jumper select.

My question is, is it possible to get the i-7017 unit to recognize my single ended 4-20Ma signals on the other 6 differential input chanels?  I have a large number of these pressure transducers in the field and do not want to mix up different kinds of transmitters.

Is the only difference between single and differential outputs is that the signal floats rather than being referenced to a common ground?

Any help would be appreciated.

Joel Moore

• View Profile
Re:ICP DAS i-7017
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 04:58:54 PM »
You might be better off directing this question at ICP (http://www.icpdas.com).  (The site appears to be down right now but I was just there the other day.)

will steed

Re:ICP DAS i-7017
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2004, 10:07:12 PM »
I figured it out myself, it wasn't my sensors, but none of the differential channels were enabled.  I talked to tech support after I found this out and they said they should have been enabled at the factory.

Will Steed