Author Topic: Visual Basic Code  (Read 6955 times)

Tim C

Visual Basic Code
« on: March 28, 2004, 09:06:32 AM »
Support,   Is their any way for us "Visual Basic" users to post Code or ocx files on your site.  I have alot of VB functions and code associated with your PLC's. I know alot of other people do to. I think this would be very helpfull to people just getting started. At least here in the US, VB is the most widely used here.   What do you all think?  

Joel Moore

• View Profile
Re:Visual Basic Code
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 09:22:35 AM »
That's a good idea.  Apart from posting code samples directly here I'm betting they'd be willing to host your stuff on their "User's Application Notes" page or something similar.   Simply allowing people to post attachments in the forums might be risky, though.

I'm just starting a project to communicate via MODBUS with the Tri-PLC so user samples would be a boon for me.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 09:26:18 AM »
Do you mean you wish to share those OCX function and maybe source codes with other users? That is very nice! You can archive them into a zip file and email us a short description about the content and we will post it at our "Application" page. We may start a separate forum board after accumulating sufficient postings.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

Tim C

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 12:41:46 PM »
Yes, I will share what i have. But before i send it to you i will need to remove some of the references to textbox's, listbox's....ext in VB and add alot more comments to it. Give me a little time to clean it up. I may be able to send it to you in a week or two.

novemberrain

• I'm a man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 02:03:50 AM »
Dear Tim C,
I am a newcomer in this field.So far this time, I have never heard like what U said, U want to share some VB PLC application? :D Could I reach it,how can I get it?
Have u ever worked(written application for a control system based on PLC, for example: control and monitor a small unit of Power Plant = integrated system...).If someone has done, please tell me some experience ok?
I can be reached at :
anhnt.evnit@evn.com.vn
tuananh_evnit@yahoo.com

Thanks for ur time.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 02:06:01 AM by novemberrain »
Rome was not built in one day

Siju

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2004, 05:50:07 AM »
Dear Friends,

I also needed vb to plc programing sample code or anybody can suggest where i can get the code this will very help full for me.

siju
ousephsiju@hotmail.com

BLF_Electronics

• Controls are Cool!
    • View Profile
    • BLF Technology Group
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2004, 12:15:08 PM »
I have created a code module that allows reading and writing to the Tri-plc using host commands for a project I recently worked on. If anyone would like a copy of the code to use in your own VB projects send me an email at bferry@blftech.com and I will send you the code. I am also writing an HMI package in VB to use with the Modbus drivers to communicate to the Tri-plc's as well. This still needs some work but is looking very promising.

Thanks,

Brian Ferry