Author Topic: still no COM Port in TL Server  (Read 8009 times)

stephen

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
still no COM Port in TL Server
« on: March 27, 2002, 02:50:25 PM »
I'm having the same trouble as Posted on FAQs  mentioned as: "TL Server shows no COM Port" Mar 13th,2002.

Unfortunately,  that solution does not fix my problem. As the Javax files as suggested are in proper order.  
What can I do?
I've tried the dumb obvious things like reloading the software/s; and tried other PC's as well.

Frustratingly,
in need of advise. :'(
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1076562000 »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re: still no COM Port in TL Server
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2002, 05:36:11 PM »
Where did you install your JRE 1.3.1? Is it in the C:\Program Files\.... directory? If it was not, then you either want to remove the JRE and re-install it to the assumed default directory or you need to manually copy the 3 Javax.comm files to the JRE directory. Note that some non-US English version of Windows use a different default directory. So please search for the "java.exe" file in your drive to determine where the real java path is.

Note that when you run the SetupTL5 is run it will install those 3 files in the default directory:

C:\Program Files\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3.1\bin  etc.

If you open the  windows explorer and find the directory there without any other Java related files, it will mean that the JRE is not created here.

So far every user who have encountered this problem get it solved after copying the Javax.comm files to the proper directory. So please carefully review the instructions listed in the FAQ. If you still have a problem, please give us a call 1-877-689-3245 during office hour (Pacific Time) and we will try to work with you through it.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

stephen

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: still no COM Port in TL Server
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2002, 08:50:49 AM »
:)
Thanks for the advise, However I found something else that was quite unexpectedly wrong with the setup.

Somehow I was running the wrong version of JRE. Instead of running JRE 1.3.1 I had 1.3.1-2 installed. This happened quite by acccident when I downloaded JRE off the Java website when I was in the trial period using your Educational software. Whoops!

Everything is just fine now!

Stephen