Author Topic: Display issues  (Read 6194 times)

jbryant87

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Display issues
« on: February 19, 2017, 07:24:42 AM »
I have some long rungs in my program and i-TRILOGI 6.51 cuts the right hand side of the screen off, it is impossible to select anything after the cutoff.
The only way to select a coil is to delete some on the rung, change it, then put the rung back in.
Has anyone else seen this issue. I have attached a pic to show the problem
I am running wondows 10 on a HP elitebook.
Also does anyone else have a strobe effect whenever online monitoring, and is theere a way to fix this

garysdickinson

• Old PLC Coder
    • View Profile
Re:Display issues
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 02:49:21 PM »
I think that i-TRiLOGI is trying to give you a hint.  Sort of like the old joke, "Death, is nature's way to telling you to slow down".

There are real world limits on how complex a line of ladder logic you can construct.  You have exceeded what the ladder logic editor can handle.  You are lucky that you have gotten a hint.  I'd suggest that you simplify your ladder logic and break up the logic into simpler bits.

In regards to the flashing in simulation/on-line monitoring...  The simulator is attempting to highlight the contacts that are active.  If your logic is changing rapidly the simulator will be very busy rewriting the screen.

I have run the PLC tools on many different computers and would not describe the behavior as a strobe effect on any of them.  Most of my computers were picked to support 3d CAD CAM programs and Photoshop so the graphics hardware may be a bit more powerful than that in your laptop.  I assume that you are using the most up-to-date drivers for your video hardware, the most up-to-date version of Java and the latest version of i-TRiLOGI.

Good Luck,

Gary D*ckinson
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 03:51:39 PM by garysdickinson »