Author Topic: Missing Screen Numbers in Flexsoft  (Read 6711 times)

Lorne Van Dusen

• I'm a old guy
    • View Profile
Missing Screen Numbers in Flexsoft
« on: February 02, 2017, 02:55:01 PM »
Flexsoft Software
I noticed today when I was trying to move some screens and to add some more screens that even though at the top of the page it shows \SCREENS\SCREEN "Number"
However in the screen property window on some screens there is no screen number which means I can't change the screen number.
Does anyone know how to put a screen number into the screen properties? It is a lot of work to delete the screen then to redo it on a new screen.  

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Missing Screen Numbers in Flexsoft
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 09:37:45 AM »
We are looking into this and will provide a reply as soon as possible.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 02:14:34 PM »
We found that in most cases the screen number is visible in the screen properties below the screen name. However, the screen number will not be displayed in screens used by tasks such as "Goto Screen Number x"

It appears that some screens still don't show the screen number even though there is no apparent task interacting with it, so we are investigating this further to see if there are other reasons that the screen number would not be visible.

It is possible to duplicate screens, which will create an exact copy of the screen in the next available slot. You can do this by right-clicking on the screen name in the "Screens" directory.

The duplicate screen will have a new number corresponding to the available slot and a default name. Both of these properties can be changed after. If you are unable to delete the original screen (with the intention of reinserting the duplicate screen after), then you can leave it unused and switch any task interactions to the duplicate screen. Both the original screen and duplicate screen can be renamed such that the duplicate screen takes the name of the original screen since it is now being used in your program.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 09:33:20 PM by support »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 10:41:25 AM »
We are currently unable to find a permanent solution in the software for the cases where eligible screen numbers cannot be overwritten (those not tied to tasks).

However, the HMI department is able to manually recover programs with such behaviour, so please email your Flexisoft program with a list of the screens that don't show the screen number in the properties window to support@triplc.com and it will be forwarded to the HMI department for recovery.