Author Topic: TL7 Appears Unstable  (Read 7590 times)

Gavin

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
TL7 Appears Unstable
« on: August 23, 2016, 06:49:37 PM »
TL7 appears to be unstable on my PC. Some times while editing in the IDE, upon clicking the mouse on an element, the screen scrolls randomly.
I am running the latest TL7 software with jre1.8.0_102 32bit.
Have there been any other such reports.
I have no problems with any other program.

Gavin

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:TL7 Appears Unstable
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 07:58:00 PM »
Thank you for your report. So far we have not encountered similar issue nor hear from other customers about the random scrolling behavior.

1) What is your operating system?

2) Does this happen every time you run the program? How long on average when this behavior starts to appear? Is the screen scrolling horizontally or vertically?

3) Are you using laptop? Could the touch pad on the laptop be contributing to this behavior?

4) If you quit TL7 and then run the program again, does it become stable?

5) If you restart the PC operating system does it become stable?

Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

Gavin

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 07:28:26 PM »
Thank you for your prompt reply.
My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit, Service Pack 1.
This behavior does appear to happen every time.
Once, I started the program, clicked File then, while moving the mouse pointer down to open my last file, when the cursor reached approx Save As (TLServer 3), the File Dialog (window) closed. I tried several times but the same thing kept happening. I closed the program, restarted, no problems. Strange.
The main symptom is, for example, you click on an contact to, say, change it's name. The contact highlights yellow as it should but then for no apparent reason the screen will scroll quickly vertically, the highlight is reset and the circuit pointer location is lost.
Personally, I fail to see how it could be a problem with TL V7 but I do not know.
I am using a Logitech wireless mouse, will try a different mouse.
I am running multiple  monitors with a reputable third party software package to manage the monitors.
I have not yet tried a system reset. Will try tonight.
This is a desktop PC.

Keeping you informed.
Gavin

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 11:22:57 AM »
It sounds like the TL7 is receiving a mouse scrollwheel event. You try to rotate the scroll wheel on your mouse. If it feels exactly the same as the strange behavior you described that means for some reason Java is sending mouse scroll wheel event to the TL7 software.

We use Logitech wireless mouse a lot here and never encounter the problem you described. But it could be a combination of mouse driver and multiple monitor software that is causing the issue. You can try a different mouse and see if problem still persist.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 12:01:53 PM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

Gavin

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 06:45:51 PM »
I am now trying a Microsoft mouse with a mouse wheel, not a touch pad. I will see if this makes a difference.
The TL7 software still appears to be different to all other software on my PC in so far as, when using the Logitech mouse to scroll and you reach the upper limit of the file (the upper most circuit), the screen appears to, for want of a better way of describing it, shiver, as though it is cold.
It appears to me that the scrolling behavior is more akin to swiping, like on an Android phone or tablet, rather than line by line by line as I am familiar with on Windows. (Although, if you scroll slowly, TL7 does indeed scroll one circuit at a time. Scroll quickly and it looks, as I said, similar to scrolling on an Android phone or tablet.) I also noticed that the speed at which the mouse pointer moves on the screen with the Microsoft mouse is noticeably slower than with the Logitech mouse so it may be a simple matter of mouse setup. I am sure I (we) will solve the issue. It is no major problem.
Keeping you informed.
Gavin

Gavin

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 07:06:20 PM »
I am now using a Logitech Wireless Mouse with a mouse wheel, not a pad.
I also changed the scroll speed in the windows control panel.
So far, so good. Looks like problem solved.