Author Topic: FMD comms to HMi  (Read 5554 times)

congo

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
FMD comms to HMi
« on: December 01, 2015, 05:55:15 AM »
Does the FMD series work with the 'HMi draw' native app? I'm attempting a TCP/IP connection and this program looks for a validation code in the comms setup. Haven't been able to make the Plc connection with it so far. Thanks.

garysdickinson

• Old PLC Coder
    • View Profile
Re:FMD comms to HMi
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 11:10:47 AM »
The HMI Draw app can "talk" to a PLC using the Modbus TCP/IP communication protocol

The FMD, Fx and Nano-10 PLCs support the Modbus TCP/IP communication protocol quite well.  

So I believe that the answer to your question is "yes".

You should look at the FMD88-10 User's Manual section 14.7.1 to see how the PLC internals are mapped to Modbus addresses.

I would suggest that you use the DM[] data for test with the App. Write a PLC program that write ascending values into DM[] so that each register has a unique value and then experiment with the App to get the addressing correct. You will probably be off by +/- 1 on the Modbus address on your App.  This +/- 1 issue is pretty normal for Modbus, so a bit of experimenting is always necessary.

You need to be able to communicate with the PLC via your network and you need to know the IP address that the PLC is using.

Remember that the PLC uses the port number of 502 for Modbus TCP/IP by default.  So if your PLC is at 192.168.1.5 the complete address for Modbus access will be 192.168.1.6:502.

Good luck,

Gary D*ickinson

« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 11:23:38 AM by garysdickinson »