Author Topic: TLServer fails to open...  (Read 5764 times)

jonathan.kaye

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
TLServer fails to open...
« on: May 04, 2015, 03:40:50 PM »
TLServer will open for one second, then quickly close...

Had this problem a while back and deleted all other JRE's. Re-installed just Trilogi stuff... same problem.

When I run the Batch file I get a message in a CMD window...

Server socket:"java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind"

I saw a similar problem in the search results (java lib-instserialio2008). When I click it nothing seems to happen.

From what I can tell (limited research) another process is already using the port? If that's the case, what port would TLServer try use? I can use the netstat and reference a port in use to the PID number I think.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Jonathan

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:TLServer fails to open...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 04:15:11 PM »
Check to see that if you do not already have another TLServer running which cause a problem as a new instance cannot bind to the same port.

Try restarting your PC to see if you can start TLServer.

If after a reset you are still unable to start TLServer, then your JRE 1.4.2_19 that TLServer depends on is likely disabled by the newer Java that you have installed in your PC.  You will need to re-install JRE 1.4.2_19. The easiest way is to re-install the latest i-TRiLOGI which will install the required JRE after it has installed the i-TRiLOGI. Please allow the JRE installation to complete and then you should be able to run the TLServer.

If this still doesn't resolve the issue, you may have to set some environmental variables. See the following thread:

http://www.triplc.com/yabbse/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=1644
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS