Author Topic: General Questions for the nano-10  (Read 5526 times)

Space

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
General Questions for the nano-10
« on: May 18, 2015, 08:31:10 PM »
I ran across this site while searching for an internet controlling relay for an idea we had at work. The nano10 looks totally awesome for the price, and being able to control 4 devices. I'm a bit of a PLC novice and wanted to learn a little more about it before jumping into it. My experience so far with PLCs is I've taken a couple of classes on it and worked with the AB Micrologix systems. I downloaded the education version of the software and wrote a small program for what I'd want it to do and it works for what I want out of it.

Does it come with the powersupply for the $120 price?
The two DOs that are not relay outs, are those powered via the powersupply from the unit? IE, do they output their own DC voltage?
When accessing the website to turn things on/off, does the point you command have to be an actual output? Could it be a virtual input to begin the program remotely?
What unit of time is the counter defaulting to? Is it .1 seconds? If I enter 200, is that 20 seconds?

I planned on looking for some web activated relays to remotely open a pnuematic door on our furnaces. I came across this, liked the PLC aspect of it, and made a program to open the door, wait a couple of hours, close the door, then stop the fan and acknowledge an alarm. I wanted to try this with as little impact or modification to the normal everyday manual processes of operating them. I figured it'd be used only to get one last run during the weekend and shut down automatically.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:General Questions for the nano-10
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 08:45:52 PM »
Nano-10 needs a 24V DC power supply. The CPU requires < 0.15A to operate the two relays and the 24V DC power supply is what is used for powering load connected to two solid states outputs. The outputs are NPN type (current sinking) and you can see the wiring diagram from the user manual. So you can buy any small power supply that can supply at least 0.3A to work with the Nano-10. You can increase the power supply size if you need to drive high current through the solid state output (up to 4A peak and 2A continuous).

The default web control interface interacts with the internal relays #128 to 142 and your PLC program just need to maninpulate the logic relations with these relays in order to use the default web page to control your I/Os without writing your own web control page.

However, if you are good with Javascript you can basically create any kind of webpage to interact with any of the PLC's I/Os or internal relays as the web query interface that Nano-10 supports lets you use the hostlink  communication command to read or write to any PLC internal data.

The default web interface can be found at:

http://www.triplc.com/yabbse/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=2090

You can download the web page html javascript and the i-TRiLOGI .PC6 file for a quick peek.

The PLC supports 64 timers (0.1 second or 0.01 s time base selectable) and 64 counters. You can use clock pulse to create timers with any period or other time base. There is also periodic interrupt that you can define that will execute a command every 1 ms which allows you to create timers with 0.001s resolution.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 08:48:26 PM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS