Author Topic: Firmware versions  (Read 4985 times)

Philippe Parmentier

• new in plc
    • View Profile
Firmware versions
« on: January 14, 2014, 08:03:01 AM »
I've received 2 'old' FMD88-10 that have firmware 78A and 78B

I'm currently developping on a third one that have firmware R81

I've read in the forum that it's not an easy task to upgrade it.

By seaching in the manuals, most of the functions i'm using are available and program upload seem to fork fine.
But I wonder if there are some bug fix, behaviours modifications and so between the differents firmware?

Is it possible to know (even in PM) what are the differences between theses firmware to avoid a deep testing again of the software on the others PLC

Regards

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Firmware versions
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 04:26:57 PM »
The newer firmware mostly are released to support some new features.  If a new TBASIC function is not supported on a particular firmware version and when you try to transfer the file containing these new function the compiler will block the transfer. If you can compile and transfer the program to the PLC that means the function is available on your  firmware version.

Certain SETSYSTEM and STATUS() function will compile and transfer correctly to the PLC but if the firmware does not support the specific code then the PLC will simply ignore it. You can also refer to the i-TRiLOGI help files which tells you the firmware version required on some special commands.

Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS