Author Topic: Remote email  (Read 5759 times)

mashuli

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Remote email
« on: September 18, 2013, 06:54:20 PM »
The only reason I bought nano is because it is said to have a built in email server. I thought it works as simantic, Omron or ABB that have email capability.
I can send email only when this nano is connected to PC I really don't need this and I don't know who would need that really! (buying a PLC and PC to send email???)
All I want to achieve and that I am not get help with is that I want to program this PLC to monitor the  tank water level and monitor 2 pumps and send email in real time any time the water level is low and when either pumps is trip, or if the pump is running for more than an hour; these 2 pumps alternate
I want this plc to be connected to the router NOT a PC to run TLS server.
I was able to write the program that works and it update the time of PLC every time there is power up and every 24 hours, this works really well. What doesn't work is how to send email without connecting a PC on this PLC, simple as that. I need to send email using Nano PLC connected to the internet through the router without a PC to run TL server.
I only want to use the built in TLserver not PC TLserver. My SMTP server doesn't require username nor password.
Please, Please, I don't want start with TL server on my PC, because as now the PLC is only programmed through its ethernet port using a wireless laptop, not USB or Serial port.

Thank you

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Remote email
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 04:00:52 PM »
You don't need the TLServer to send the email for you if your SMTP server is provided by your ISP and does not require encryption.

You need to define the SMTP server IP address in your PLC as well as the IP address of the gateway (your router IP address).

Then you can use the built in <EMAIL> tag to send the email directly through the SMTP server if it doesn't require authentication. An example is found in the "TestEthernet.PC6" sample program.

However, if authentication is needed (but not encryption) you can still send email but you need a bit more programming work because you can use the <TCPCONNECT> tag to connect to the SMTP server and supply username and password in Base-64 encoding.

This is all explained in the FAQ thread in this forum:

http://www.triplc.com/yabbse/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=1608

Please read the thread carefully. You DON'T NEED TLServer to send email although if you have a PC running TLserver it can simplify the PLC programming especially if the SMTP server require authentication.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 04:02:40 PM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS