Author Topic: Nano-10 webpage  (Read 5822 times)

StefanA

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Nano-10 webpage
« on: August 13, 2012, 11:09:31 AM »
Can I store graphic files (backgrounds etc) on my pc to use with the nano-10 webpages or must they be stored on a webserver for nano-10 to find them?

// Stefan

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Nano-10 webpage
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 12:03:59 PM »
It is always better to store the graphic in external server because:

1) The graphic files can be complex and large since it is hosted on external webserver.

2) The graphic file is loaded from the external web server to the browser on the PC. It is not from the PLC and therefore the graphic can load much  faster and it also does not take up any of the PLC's CPU time to serve up a large graphic file.

Having said that, if need be you can store the JPG on the Nano-10 webserver if they are named properly in the file name format supported by the PLC (0.xxx....9.xxx, A.xxx to T.xxx etc). Also you need to calculate the file space it occupies.

Note that Nano-10 built-in server space only has 60K bytes so it is not possible to store complex graphic files. You can add a FRAM-RTC-256 to add another 256K bytes of file space if you prefer to store graphics inside the PLC.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 12:05:12 PM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

StefanA

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 03:54:16 AM »
Ok, storing files in the nano-10 is not an option. I would like to use the nano?s web pages  as a simple form of Hmi. Just connect the plc directly to a pc?s Ethernet port.  No internet access.  Can I store graphics  in some folder on the pc and use with the web pages.

// Stefan

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 10:45:47 AM »
If you do a direct Ethernet connection between the PC and the PLC, and if TLServer is running on your PC then you can store the graphic inside the TLServer root folder space which is:

C:\TRiLOGI\TL6\public\[graphic file name].jpg

In the 0.htm you would point the graphic to your PC's IP address or simply to the

http://localhost:9080/[graphic file name].jpg

Your browser would then fetch the graphic from your PC.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS