Author Topic: Sourcing I/O  (Read 5650 times)

ScarBelly

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Sourcing I/O
« on: July 19, 2012, 06:18:57 AM »
I've used the FMD1616-10 with very good results.  However, I'm about to meet some resistance to other uses since it only has sinking I/O.  Do you have any plans to offer sourcing as an option or better yet use configurable sink or source circuits?

In industrial automation, sourcing outputs or often required for safety in that an output wire shorted to ground can not activate a dangerous output.  It also keeps troubleshooting more understanble to maintenance personnel used to relay outputs.

I also need to interface to existing control systems that have sourcing I/O and must use external relays to invert the signals.

[Edit]  So I think we will go with the F1616-BA.  I would still like to see a version with solid state source/sink I/O.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 07:23:19 AM by ScarBelly »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Sourcing I/O
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 07:29:37 PM »
Thank you for your choice of TRi PLC.

To get sourcing outputs and inputs the F1616-BA is the right choice (note that the 4 special outputs 5-8 are still sinking output).

If you need more of these type of I/Os you can also add EXP1616-R expansion board. An FMD88-10 with EXP1616-R will give you both types of I/Os.

Our smallest PLC - E10-Relay+ also features PNP inputs and its relay outputs can be wired to be sourcing outputs.

If there are sufficient demand we could produce an FMD model with pure sourcing inputs and outputs. One of the EOL parts - T44H-pnp was designed to be pure sourcing type I/Os -  but history showed that its close-counterpart - T44H-NPN was far more popular with North America and Asia users.

Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS