Author Topic: FMD88-10 with SSI Media Sensor  (Read 5288 times)

TravisB

• I am NOT a llama!
    • View Profile
FMD88-10 with SSI Media Sensor
« on: March 09, 2012, 02:38:13 PM »
I have an FMD88-10 with a simple program running successfully. I have attached an SSI P51 3PSI Gauge pressure sensor.
I have the senors set-up to calibrate with the positive (red) going to the AC/DC transformer, the ground (black) going to the analog ground (0V (gnd)) and the white wire going to AD2.

When the pressure applied to the sensor changes (increases or decreases) the sensor reacts appropriately, but then slowly returns to the same reading from before the pressure change.

I have in the past worked with Druck pressure transducers with Campbell Scientific dataloggers. My assumption was that the present set-up would work similar to the previous set-up I have experience with.

If this is all explained in the archives feel free to point me in the correct direction. I've tried searching, but havn't found anything yet.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:FMD88-10 with SSI Media Sensor
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 11:53:32 PM »
The PLC's ADC reading is always related to the voltage that is presented to its analog input.

Did you use a volt meter to measure the voltage at the PLC's analog input #2? If the voltage changes and then returned to previous level it explains why your reading behave that way. That means the problem could have something to do with the sensor output.  

Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

TravisB

• I am NOT a llama!
    • View Profile
Re:FMD88-10 with SSI Media Sensor
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 09:45:17 AM »
It turns out there was a leak in my pressure system, the error was my own.