Archives > Archived FAQs

Program download stopped halfway

<< < (2/3) > >>

K.Newton:
You're welcome.

After playing with this for a couple days I have another question.

The version on the disk V1.4.2_06 (build bo3) is crashing on me occasionally taking out i-Trilogi in the process. Not a huge deal since it's fairly rare. However, it is concerning and I'd rather avoid the situation.

I've noted that Sun had later versions of 1.4.2 all the way up to _19. Is 1.4.2_19 a more stable than version 1.4.2_06? If so, do you know if I could upgrade to 1.4.2_19 and still maintain the benefits of the smooth downloading 1.4.2_06 has allowed for me?

support:
We are not aware the 1.4.2_06 crash often. i-TRiLOGI may hang if you unplug the serial adapter or Ethernet connection while active comm is going on. Other than that 1.4.6_06 has been pretty stable for us. We have also tried JRE 1.4.2_19 (very last revision of 1.4.2 ) and have no trouble with it, but we don't know if it is more "stable" than JRE 1.4.2_06 if the reason for its crash is due to something else (conflict with some O/S software?)

K.Newton:
Whatever the crash is, it's a situation which causes an error/crash report popup request which is asking to send a report to microsoft for analysis. When I direct the error report popup sequence to go ahead and contact microsoft about the problem, microsofts site comes back with the suggested resolution being a link which leads to Suns download site for the newest version of JRE.

If you want it, and if you can tell me how, I could possibly get the error report for you.

I'll try 1.4.2_19 tomorrow and see what happens.

M.Wysong:
I've also had this issue on my Hp laptop running XP SP3. I thought it was because of the 485 so I switched to ethernet. The problem continued. I've also tried switching off my wireless and it did not make a difference. I will have to see what jre I am running and try the other one out to see if it fixes my problem. Online monitoring is unaffected. It sounds like I am having the same exact problem though.

K.Newton:
In case this is of use to others who read this....

It's been a few days now nd I've been pounding on 1.4.2_11 without it crashing yet. For me the _11 fixed the stability issue and is allowing for 100% download reliability so far. I seem to have found the plc programming nirvana state for this laptop.

Edit: I accidentaly said 1.4.2_11 and meant 1.4.2_19. 1.4.2_19 is the one that fixed my problems. Sorry about that!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version