Author Topic: EtherNet/IP Class 1 I/O Connection  (Read 7525 times)

solarman

• RFID Systems Designer
    • View Profile
EtherNet/IP Class 1 I/O Connection
« on: September 29, 2010, 08:43:40 AM »
IS there any discussion about adding support to the NANO-10 PLC for Class 1 EtherNet/IP I/O connection ? I was investgating the coldfire cpu that is used and there might be enough memory for the EIP stack. Has anyone tried this yet ?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 05:36:41 PM by solarman »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:EtherNet/IP Class 1 I/O Connection
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 11:30:46 PM »
There is no announced plan to add support for Ethernet/IP protocol (I presume you are referring to the protocol by AB PLC?)

All our PLCs with Ethernet currently support Modbus/TCP which is widely supported by any SCADA, HMI and middleware such as OPC servers. Many other PLCs also capable of communicating via Modbus/TCP so it should work for majority of applications.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

solarman

• RFID Systems Designer
    • View Profile
Re:EtherNet/IP Class 1 I/O Connection
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 08:31:18 AM »
That's to bad. Where RFID is often used in industrial automation, field bus networks such as EtherNet/IP,  Profi-Net and DeviceNet are more widely used over MODBUS/TCP. Its probably due to the fact that these bus networks provide deterministic I/O and well as messaging capabilities.
The Nano-10 is an wonderful and powerful PLC, its has great potential for applications where the above mentioned networks pricing is often a barrier.

Thankyou for your response.