Author Topic: Input screen  (Read 5369 times)

can

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Input screen
« on: July 11, 2010, 10:49:54 PM »
Hi. Can I use an old laptop as a HMI for MD888+ instead? It will be connected to the plc by 9pin cable. Any ways to do it?

Regards
Ken

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Input screen
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 12:37:00 AM »
Well if you have a SCADA software handy in your laptop you can use it to talk to the PLC via RS232 port.

Otherwise you have to write your own GUI program in Visual Basic. Some Visual Basic examples for communicating with the PLC via serial port can be found at:

http://www.tri-plc.com/applications/VBsample.htm
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

can

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 07:14:49 AM »
Hi. Thanks for the advise. Or is it possible to have an applet or something that can be used to write to the DM of the PLC from IE?

Thanks

Regards
Can

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 08:45:54 AM »
You can alway load the i-TRiLOGI software on the laptop and you can use the online monitoring -> Edit button to change data inside the PLC. On-line monitoring let you access to all the variable inside the PLC easily at a low, 1 time license fee.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 08:51:26 AM »
Alternatively, you can purchase the ExcelLink software to run on your lap top which allows you to change data inside the PLC by entering data into an Excel spreadsheet.

If you use our PLCs with built-in Ethernet such as the Nano-10 and F-series PLCs, you can just use a browser to enter hostlink commands to change the variable:

E.g. http://192.168.1.5:9080/HOSTLINK/WVD00011234

which will enter a Hexadecimal number 1234 (Dec 4660) into DM location #1.

Better still, you could use an Excel spreadsheet and write a macro to read/write data directly to the PLC (no ExcelLink software required in this case) using the hostlink command.