Author Topic: keypad matrix to plc  (Read 8706 times)

nugrozt

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
keypad matrix to plc
« on: July 07, 2010, 08:22:34 PM »
 :)
hello support

i have some questions about input key using keypad matrix (usually embedded in LCD monitor/HMI device) to control variable in plc, such as entering set value, set timer, or to start/stop plc

how i can program the plc to communication with the keypad matrix?

thanks for your attention

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:keypad matrix to plc
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 08:52:53 PM »
Are you connecting the matrix keypad to the PLC's inputs and outputs? A matrix keypad will use up at least 4 inputs and 3 outputs of the PLC. There is a sample program called "MatrixKeyPad.PC6" that you can find in the folder : TRiLOGI\TL6\usr\samples which demonstrate how to read input from matrix keypad.

You can also purchase the MD-HMI which has 16 keys that are mapped to the PLC's digital inputs. These are easier to use and does not take up any of the PLC's digital I/Os.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

nugrozt

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 12:36:51 AM »
yes, that's what i mean, i have a MD-HMI in my project. does it need any special program to use the input key function?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 08:08:32 AM »
The keys on the MD-HMI are already decoded and mapped to the digital inputs #17 to #24 for T100MD888, T100MD1616,F1616-BA or to DI #25 to #32 for T100MD2424, F2424. It makes it flexible since the keys can be used by the program in any way.

To use the keypad to enter numerical data into the PLC, there are already sample programs in the folder:

TRiLOGI\TL6\usr\samples\HMI

You can simply incorporate the custom function into your own program and use the result for entering data into the PLC.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 08:09:12 AM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS