Author Topic: Process Monitor and Shutdown PLC with windows CE Touchscreen  (Read 7379 times)

FossilPower1

• View Profile
Hello,

I am sourcing suitable equipment for a safety system which will monitor a simple process, and shut it down if necessary.  I would like to display process values on a Touchscreen and allow a user to edit setpoints using this same touchscreen.  I already have a touchscreen which runs windows CE with a web browser.   I am looking for a PLC with an onboard web page server which has the i/o I require.  Please see the requirements below:

8 digital inputs
4 thermocouple inputs
1 4-20mA analog input
2 digital outputs

Or

If thermocouple inputs aren't available I will use separate process controllers and have the following I/O instead

8 digital inputs
5 analog inputs
2 digital outputs

I think the nano plc would do the trick if it has i/o expansion capabilities.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Process Monitor and Shutdown PLC with windows CE Touchscreen
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 09:32:34 AM »
The following are few possible solutions:

1) You could potentially use two Nano-10 PLC together to get 8 digital inputs, 8 digital outputs  and 4 analog inputs. However, since you need 5 analog inputs it still will not fit unless you can multiplex the analog inputs (e.g. use the Nano-10 relay to multiplex two analog source to one analog input.

2) A single F1616-BA has 8 analog inputs, 16 digital inputs and 16 digital outputs (12 relays) and should fit your requirement.

3) Another solution is to use a Nano-10 as a master and a I-7018 thermocouple module and an E10-npn+ as slaves. I-7018 has 8 channels of thermocouple inputs, and E10 provides another 6 digital inputs and 4 digital outputs.

4) You could also use a Nano-10 as master (for webpage purpose since it has built-in Ethernet) and a T100MD88+ PLC as slave. T100MD888+ has 8 analog inputs, 8 digital inputs and 8 digital outputs and the combination provides more than enough I/O for your requirement.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS