Author Topic: HSCDEF PMON on same channel  (Read 6359 times)

cch1955

• Automated Machine Systems Designer
    • View Profile
HSCDEF PMON on same channel
« on: March 11, 2010, 03:29:45 PM »
I need to set up a HSC for input pin 1 and also measure frequency on that same pin.

I believe I saw a note either in the manual or on the forum concerning using the same channel for high speed counting and doing frequency measurment.

As I remeber it said if you set a channel up by doing  HSCCDEF you don't need to also define it as PMON on that channel since is already set up for interrupt operation.

Is this correct?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:HSCDEF PMON on same channel
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 04:21:15 PM »
This is only true on F-series PLC but not on T100MD+.

On T100MD+ or T100MX+, an input defined as HSC is not automatically defined for PMON and vice versa. So the only way is to use HSC #2 (input 5,6) for counter and parallel the signal to input #3 or #4 for PMON.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

cch1955

• Automated Machine Systems Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 08:27:06 AM »
I am using the new F series so that offers a simple solution. I have numerous T100MD boards so I will remeber to provide the input signal to both channels and set one up as frequency and the other as HSC if needed.

As a side note this is the first project I have done since the new long name tags are provided in the programming tools - most excellent ! A huge time saver and really helps speed code development. Many thanks to all involved

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 03:37:18 PM »
We are now conducting beta test of a new i-TRiLOGI version that allows a programmer to define any meaningful name for any variable, constant or an expression using a #define table

#define  "Temperature" => "EMLINT[5]".
#define  "Five " => "5"
#define  "TotalCount"  => "DM[1] +DM[100]"  

You can then freely use "temperature" and "totalcount" and "Five" in your TBASIC program and the compiler will replace the defined name with the variable, the constant or the expression.

Any TRi Super PLC users who wish to test out the beta version can write to support@tri-plc.com and request for a copy. Please include the name of the person or the company who had made the previous PLC purchase and/or a copy of the purchase invoice.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 01:36:56 AM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS