Author Topic: Training Materials for LadderBasic?  (Read 5531 times)

dustin_writes

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Training Materials for LadderBasic?
« on: February 19, 2010, 05:42:24 AM »
I?m impressed by the ease of programming using your ladder basic compiler. Can you recommend a book to get me up to speed. I feel that I I need more information to establish proficiency. I don?t have much of a list of available timer/relay/ counter functions. The online tutorial is for another PLC, the H Series I believe

I have a project for a ?Responsive Target System? that I think I can program and build without much trouble. I have a program outline and I plan to experiment with functions in the hope of finding a relay that will randomly select between four possible wait times between circuit close.

My programming seems to simulate well. My PLCs are flaky, which I?m sure is due to previous environmental abuse, so I haven?t seen the programs in action (one of my E10+ died a fiery death and the other is flaky at best, ie lower than nominal voltage on the output side, sporadic response on the input side).

Any help finding good training literature is highly appreciated.
Thanks,

Dustin

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Training Materials for LadderBasic?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 01:10:08 PM »
There is a tutorial done by a Purdue professor that you can download from:

http://www.tri-plc.com/TCChangTL5_Tutorial.pdf

The best way to learn is to study the sample programs in the folder:

C:\TRILOGI\TL6\urs\samples

There are many ladder logic programs and Ladder+BASIC programs that are well commented. You can simulate them using the simulator and check the outcome.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

dustin_writes

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re:Training Materials for LadderBasic?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 05:58:55 AM »
Hey, thanks a lot!