Author Topic: communicating via ethernet port  (Read 5555 times)

DLUN

• View Profile
communicating via ethernet port
« on: February 09, 2010, 08:42:16 AM »
Hi.

U an trying ot interface my PLC to a new(not same one as previous threads) data logger that uses an ethernet port. I have some questions regarding how to do this.

First, if im using the ethernet port will I still be using either ASCI or RTU modbus protocol? If so, can I still use the getmodbus function? If so, what is the comm port # for the Ethernet port on the F1616 PLC?

Thanks a bunch.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:communicating via ethernet port
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 11:35:53 PM »
Yes, the ethernet port on F1616 provides up to 6 server connection and 1 client connection. This means that while you are doing online monitoring, you can simultaneously use Excellink to log data, use a SCADA or Touch panel to connect to the PLC via Modbus/TCP and still have some spare connection.

The PLC can also open a client connection to another MODBUS TCP server and then use READMODBUS and WRITEMODBUS function via virtual port COMM4 to talk to the external TCP/Server. This can be done while the server connections mentioned above are still in active connection.

What we mentioned above are just the Ethernet connection only. The F1616 PLC still has 1 RS232 port and 2 R485 serial ports, all 3 support MODBUS ASCII and RTU and these can also be used in master or slave mode while the Ethernet communication is happening.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS