Author Topic: RS232 PLC programming [FIXED]  (Read 4914 times)

javajoe

• View Profile
RS232 PLC programming [FIXED]
« on: March 11, 2010, 08:39:17 AM »
I am having allot of trouble getting programs onto any plc using serial comm.  

I have tried to program T100MD-2424, T100MD-888+ and F2424 models from this PC.  I am running WinXP on this PC and am completely unable to successfully complete a programing cycle.   Each time I try it gets through some number of lines (not the same each time) and then the download freezes.

I have had success using my boss's laptop (also running WinXP), He is out of the office for the next week with his laptop.  If I can get this fixed It would be great I have allot of work to do.

Thank you :'(
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 05:13:09 AM by javajoe »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:RS232 PLC programming
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 04:18:40 PM »
What is the Java version you are using? There are users who reported that when they use JRE 1.6_xx they have communication problem so we have them remove the JRE 1.6 and install the JRE 1.4 (there a copy in the i-TRiLOGI CD-ROM) and the problem was resolved.

However, it is not that i-TRiLOGI doesn't work on JRE 1.6, since we have a number PCs here running Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 and we run JRE 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 and we don't encounter any problem. But for unknown reason JRE 1.6 seems to give more trouble on some PCs than the good old JRE 1.4. This must have something to do with the interaction between Windows, Java and the serial driver. Not sure who is the one that is giving problem.

If you don't have the CD, you can download JRE 1.4 from the following link:

http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.4.2_19/index.html

If this work for you please report back so that other users can share the knowledge. Also try to disable Java automatic update since you don't want it to automatically upgrade itself to JRE 1.6 again if JRE 1.6 doesn't work for your PC.

Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

javajoe

• View Profile
Re:RS232 PLC programming
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 05:12:23 AM »
I was running on JRE 1.6_xx.  After removing JRE 1.6 and in stalling the JRE 1.4-xx rev. I have successfully programed a model T100MD-2424 twice now.

I am not sure how to disable the Java auto update on this windows machine as I realy only work with MS Win at work.  Gotta Love Linux.  Some help in this regard would be cool.

Thank you very much
 ;D

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:RS232 PLC programming [FIXED]
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 02:08:36 PM »
Thank you for sharing your experience. So you are one more user who is reporting that JRE 1.6 did not work with your Windows XP computer.

To disable Java updates, please go to Windows Control Panel and select "Java" and click on the "Update" tab and uncheck the automatic update checkbox.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS