Author Topic: New to ladder logic  (Read 5457 times)

grasshopper

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
New to ladder logic
« on: April 19, 2009, 10:14:53 AM »
Hello everyone I am new to ladder logic programming.
I have written code using basic computer language for HVAC programing.
I need to create a program for a solar controller. I am hoping to have 4-5 thermistor inputs and measure delta T between them and then create output functions as a result of temp measurements. I have read the thermistor notes application and this has been helpfull. If anyone could point me to other resourcesor similar programs that could help me. If some is interested in helping me for a fee I am open to ideas.
I have purchased the T100md and think this would be a good application for this project. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank You!
Tom

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:New to ladder logic
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 11:20:45 PM »
Your background in BASIC would be quite useful for using the T100MD+ PLC. The ladder logic requirement is mainly for logic or sequencing and most of the sophiscated computation such as temperature measurement, analog, math etc are all handled in TBASIC which is quite similar to many standard BASIC language.

To brush up some fundamental concept for ladder logic, you can start with some sample programs in the "\TRiLOGI\TL6\usr\samples\ladderexamples.pc6" folder.  Use the i-TRiLOGI simulator to help you understand the concept by experimenting with the sample program.

A website www.plcs.net also provide some useful fundamental knowledge of ladder logic.

Good luck and happy programming!
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS