Author Topic: The Wish List come true  (Read 5953 times)

cch1955

• Automated Machine Systems Designer
    • View Profile
The Wish List come true
« on: January 19, 2009, 09:23:07 AM »
All Tri developers:

I just saw the latest update improvements, truly a huge effort and a great addition. The new improvements will make our task of ?Controlling the World? much easier and cost effective. Thanks for the efforts.

I have downloaded and am now digesting 6.2. I am running 1.42 JRE. I noticed that 1.6 will also work now, should I upgrade Java?  

As I (think) I understand JRE Version 6 build 11 is the most current version of 1.6 and this works with the 6.20 upgrade? Please confirm.

Any comments or recommendations would be most helpful since Sun has a myriad of detail on their site. http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:The Wish List come true
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 01:55:42 PM »
We are still shipping our software CD with JRE1.4.2 since it is the longest serving JRE that we have been using so we know it works well. We have some system running JRE 1.5 and JRE 1.6 and so far we did not discover any specific problems except one issue (not exactly a problem for most users): In JRE 1.4.2 you can use the -Duser.language to force the program to start in other language mode. But on JRE 1.5 and 1.6 it wouldn't quite work. The language file is only used based on the Regional and Language settings in the PC's Control Panel.

I would probably say it is safe to upgrade to JRE 1.6 if you wish but if you do discover any unique problem please feedback to us immediately.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:The Wish List come true
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 02:17:44 PM »
If you do upgrade your JRE please remember to run the instserialio2008.exe file in the "java lib" folder to install the serial driver again before running TLServer 3.15. If you forget to do that, TLServer 3.15 should alert you that serial driver not found and suggest to you to run the serial driver setup program.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS