Author Topic: regarding the communication cable  (Read 8203 times)

chitra

• View Profile
regarding the communication cable
« on: January 06, 2009, 11:53:05 PM »
i am using T22H for the first time. do we need to use only DB9 cable RS232 . i did not have rs232 socket in my laptop. so i used a rs232 to usb connector to connect to the PLC and i used internet trilogi ver 5.1 . but i get a pop up message stating "no response from PLC"
so am i using the correct interface (usb to rs232) ?
Or is it some other mistake?
Please help.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:regarding the communication cable
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 09:32:51 AM »
T22H can only be programmed using WinTRiLOGI version 3.5x or the DOS version TRiLOGI 3.3.

Where did you get your copy of internet TRiLOGI version 5.1? This is a very old version and only works for the T100MD+ PLC and will not work with T22H-npn. If you have downloaded the educational version from our website it won't work either.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

chitra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 05:48:32 PM »
Thank You very much for your reply. i had a copy of the internet trilogy 5.1 in my office. so i wanted to use it for t22h. but since i cannot use it now i had to purchase wintrilogy 3.5. its ok.   :) :)

chitra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 05:50:01 PM »
hey i have one more qusetion....... is T22H still in use ???????
coz it is very difficult to find someone to help me here,

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 10:15:16 PM »
Yes, T22H-npn is still in production even though it is already more than 15 years old design, but is still popular among some users for its simplicity and reliability. We will keep producing them as long as there are still OEM users who rely on the model and is not interested in upgrading to the more capable models.

chitra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 11:32:00 PM »
Thanks for ur reply.  now i purchased the wintrilogi 3.52 and can communicate with the T22h plc. i have a new problem now,
i have to upload the program from the old t22h plc and shoul download it to the new one. but i cannot find any upload option in the page. what can i do???
the main purpose we r doing this is that our machine stopped running and they suggest it is becoz of the plc. so we r changing to new plc of the same model. please help me. how to upload the program from the T22h plc using wintrilogi 3.52

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 01:25:02 AM »
Uploading of PLC program is not supported by WinTriLOGI. OEM does not like user to be able to upload program from the PLC since other people can copy the program easily.

In your case you may need the original source file. If you can't find, try to swap the H2044 IC (8-pin) between the new PLC and the old PLC. If the H2044 is good or the program is not corrupted then the new PLC will be running the original program in the old PLC. If this doesn't work then you may need to rewrite the program.