Author Topic: Communication with an E10+Relay  (Read 8137 times)

researchdog

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Communication with an E10+Relay
« on: September 17, 2007, 05:07:54 PM »
I am using an E10+relay as remote I/O for a TMD888. Using TL Server on my laptop with your Auto 485 convertor connected to the E10 relay I can turn on output#1 using WB08FF and can turn it off using WB08FF. When I try to do the same with the TMD 888 using the NETCMD$ I get no results. Before sending the NETCMD$ i set the baud rate of Comm 3 using "Setbaud 3,3"  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Communication with an E10+Relay
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 03:22:38 PM »
We are currently creating a couple of programs with application notes on how to use the E10+ as remote I/O for the M-Series PLC. When it is done these programs and application notes will be available for download. For now I can tell you that it is possible to use the NETCMD$ function to send the write single bit command. Here is an example of what it should look like:

O$ = NETCMD$(3, "@02Wb08FF")

where O$ is just a string to store the response. The "02" part of the string is the id, that should be replaced with the id of the E10Relay+. Be sure that both devices have separate ID's, otherwise there is a potential for data loss.

When using the NETCMD$ function you don't need to worry about appending the FCS (frame check sequence), *, or CR (carriage return). These are all handled automatically by NETCMD$.

When using TLServer the command will look like this (case sensitive):

@02Wb08FF7F*

where 7F is the FCS, which can be calculated using the FCS button. Be sure that you calculate the FCS without the * since that gets appended after the FCS and is not involved in the calculation.

The format for this host link command is multi-point.  Please download refer to the E10 Host Link command reference manual for details on the correct multi-point format.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

GulliB58

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re:Communication with an E10+Relay
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 06:51:28 AM »
where can I find this dowloads for E10+   ;D

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs