Author Topic: RTC error  (Read 9875 times)

ryandsm

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
RTC error
« on: August 14, 2008, 02:13:04 PM »
I have a RTC error light on, just wondering what causes this error and how I can fix the prblem ?

- I have tried powering on-off the PLC, but the light remains on.

some background :
T100MD-888+

I had transfered a program to the PLC that would write to a file. There seems to be an infinite loop someware as the server keeps printing <write logs.txt> .

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:RTC error
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 03:53:10 PM »
RTC Error light is ON when the PLC has no MX-RTC installed and there is a power on reset to the PLC, so the real time clock data is lost. This is benign if your program does not use RTC.

Did you find the "logs.txt" in your TRiLOGI\TL6\FileService folder? What's the content?
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

ryandsm

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 07:13:59 AM »
i was sending the date to logs.txt,
which is the content of the file .

i am having a new problem this morning.
when i try to detect the PLC ID an error message comes up saying: make sure only one PLC is connected to the server, and that the power is on.

im pretty sure i only have one PLC connected, and the power is on. also the serial communication setup says COM1 opened.

any clue as to whats going on here ?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 07:54:41 AM by ryandsm »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 08:27:37 AM »
Your PLC must be sending out data through the same serial port that is used for online monitoring.  (Your PLC is running a program that is attempting to create a file on TLServer  using the <WRITE> command). This interferes with the normal host communication command/response sent by TRiLOGI software and therefore strange error message will show up.

ryandsm

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 08:56:52 AM »
would you suggest following the procedure on page 3-5 of the book to fix this problem ? (reseting with DIP4 ON )

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 03:37:19 PM »
Yes, turn ON dip switch 4, reset the PLC, change TLServer settings to 9600 bps. Then transfer a blank program to it. Next, turn off DIP switch #4, reset the PLC, change TLServer baud rate settings back to 38400 and you should now be able to regain control of the PLC.