Author Topic: TRIPLC_VB6DLL App  (Read 6122 times)

dotnosredna

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
TRIPLC_VB6DLL App
« on: April 13, 2009, 09:44:15 AM »
Anyone successfull with getting the TRIPLC_VB6DLL app to work?  I cannot get it to connect (Active X Component Error).  It crashes immediately when executing the "Connect_Xserver command.

Is there something else that must be setup for the program to work?  Both this (Excel version) and the VB app crash at the same location.

Author talks about making a reference in the system 32 directory?  How?  I have the TriPLC.dll selected in the withen the VB Editor and I can see all it's functions.  The TriPLC.dll is located in the System32 file.

What to do?

bds1

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re:TRIPLC_VB6DLL App
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 04:17:16 AM »
Hi, I am the author. Are you using Windows Vista?
Unfournatuly I don't have Vista to test, but, activex is sometimes a problem with Vista. Please send me your E-Mail and i can send you a new dll to try. It Maysolve the problem.

bestnode

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 05:21:39 AM »
Hi, I'm having the same problems, and I'm running winXP SP2. Because ActiveX is creating security problems, many systems protected against malware will have ActiveX disabled. Certainly none of my computers would run ActiveX  :)

I had some success with Java, but I'm not that happy with what I could achieve writing java code, and the distribution to other computers is still an issue.

I really would like to be able to write control software which would be easier to distribute, or accessed via intranet/internet....
Java script would be the obvious choice for the internet side, but unfortunately TLserver is not designed to work with it  :(

bds1,  being experienced programmer you may be able to point me into the right direction. Is there any way to send/receive commands through tcp/ip directly from self-contained program without being dependent on VB, .NET or ActiveX components? Surely there must be a way! There are plenty examples of self contained programs able to communicate regardless of OS setup or installed components?

bds1

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 02:30:45 PM »
Hi
I have sent you the new dll.
Please let me know if you have any more problems.
Thank you
Regards

bestnode

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 04:18:08 AM »
Thanks bds1,
I have registered the new dll. Now the sample VB application and the new Tri Plc Test.xls are working very well. I have ActiveX disabled but this does not seem to have any effect, everything works fine!
Thanks bds1