Author Topic: HSC help  (Read 6462 times)

partmaster

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
HSC help
« on: May 24, 2008, 12:34:47 AM »
HI i am looking at using the +888 instead of omron plcs.
i need encoder inputs to turn outputs on and off also to send receive data - rs232.
i seem to be having a problem with resetting the encoder input all i need is it to count 0-100.
then reset with the omron plcs i used to reset with z phase from encoder and have tried to reset with the Custfn.
is there a better way to do this.

i was using a 360 ppr and i would of asssumed that would of been okay but will changeit to 100 if i need to.

HELP.

Regards
Leon

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:HSC help
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 10:07:02 PM »
What do you mean by "RESET"? Is it to reset the PLC or to reset the count to zero?

You can use the high speed counter of the T100MD888+ which is occupying input #3 and #4 for channel 1. Connect your encoder outputs to these two inputs, then run a HSCDEF 1,10,100 to define such that when the pulse counts to +100, it will call custom function #10. Inside custom function #10 you can do what you want whether to reset the PLC or simply run HSCPV[1] = 0 or any other "RESET" that you want to do. You can also send data via RS232 port to other devices when this happens.

You can run the same HSCDEF again inside custom function #10 such that this function will be called again when the encoder counts to 100 again. In this case function #10 will be called repeated each time the encoder count reaches 100.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 10:09:40 PM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS