Author Topic: commnication problem  (Read 7062 times)

shahzad akram

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
commnication problem
« on: May 26, 2008, 01:11:04 AM »
Sir
 i am using T100MD1616+ .I am facing one problem  taht my PLC commnication is not working.
PLC is not connected to computer the error will come.
can you slove this problem.
OR
i send the PLC to ur office to make it.
What i can do.................................
i have two PLC and having same problem
Please help me...

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:commnication problem
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 08:49:22 AM »
Please advise if this is the first time you are using this PLC or you have previously have it working with your PC but now it is not communicating? There can be many reasons, the most common being the wrong serial port setup. Are you familiar with the fact that you need to run the TLServer and did you try with different com port selection and test communication with the IR* command? What about the PLC? Is there any status light being turned ON and OFF when powered ON?

You can visit our website: http://www.tri-plc.com/selftest and follow the  instructions to check the PLC hardware. If it is indeed damaged then you can arrange with your dealer to ship the unit for repair.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

shahzad akram

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 11:51:13 PM »
thank you so much for your reply
  i check all the condition which you are mention in ur reply then i tell you.The  PLC is working or Not.

shahzad akram

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 06:52:17 AM »
i using this PLC since last 3 years.i using the swichting power supply for my PLC due to this swithing power supply they damage my PLC COM Port and computer COM port.So slove my prolem or inform me that which chip is damage or either i send back to you for repairing.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 11:24:57 AM »
Have you replaced the switching power supply?

Is there any component that burn up on the PLC board? A bad power supply that cause a large ground potential between the PLC and the PC often burn up a protection resistor next to the RS232 port. You can try to replace the resistors.

Is the PLC program still running? When you power up the PLC does the 3 status LEDs turn ON for 1 second and then 2 or all 3 (with MX-RTC installed) will go off? This will tell you if the PLC is still alive.

If you turn ON the dip switch #4 to the PLC, does the PAUSE light lights up? If so, the CPU is still running properly.

If all else failed, please email to support@tri-plc.com with your purchase information and request for RMA # and service center to ship your product for repair.

Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS